People discuss some of their most private thoughts and feelings with their therapist, especially around sexuality. When insurance is used for psychotherapy, the therapist is required to establish a diagnosis and report to your insurance company about your progress in treatment. Occasionally they ask for copies of your records. The Company then determines the number and length of sessions they will approve. To protect your privacy and confidentiality as well as offer you the freedom to choose what approach works best for you, I have chosen to not become an in-network provider.
Some health plans will reimburse in full or in part for out-of-network providers when you submit the necessary documentation. If you wish to use insurance, please check your coverage benefits carefully by asking your company the following questions:
- Do I have mental health insurance benefits?
- Does my plan cover out-of-network providers?
- What is my deductible and has it been met?
- How many sessions per year does my health insurance cover?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session?
- Is approval required from my primary care physician?
Please contact me for information about rates.
Cash, check VISA and Mastercard are accepted for payment.
If you do not show up for your scheduled therapy appointment, and you have not notified us at least 24 hours in advance, you will be required to pay the full cost of the session.
Request a therapy appointment online here.