I provide an integrative approach to therapy and healing with attention to body, mind, spirit and sexual health. By weaving mindfulness and body awareness practices with talk therapy, I offer a unique approach to health and wholeness that honors the fullness of human experience and promotes wellbeing. I acknowledge the uniqueness of sexual experiences and honor all sexual orientations and lifestyles.
I am an experienced sex therapist certified by the American Association of Sex Educators, Counselors and Therapists. My clients say that my calm open presence fosters an environment of trust, safety and comfort for them which enables them to address issues that are sometimes very difficult to discuss. With years of experience as a marriage and family therapist, sex therapist and medical family therapist, I will help you rediscover the joy of intimacy and a peaceful life.
Experience and Credentials
- NC licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
- AASECT Certified Sex Therapist and Supervisor (in training)
- Medical Family Therapist
- Trained in Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction at Duke Integrative Medicine
- Ongoing student of transpersonal practices
- Instructor and Supervisor in the Counseling Psychology Program at Prescott College, Prescott, Arizona. Coursework offered include Human Sexuality, Sexual Disorders, Grief and Bereavement, Transpersonal Psychology, Rituals and Healing, Couple and Family Therapy, Medical Family Therapy and Somatic Psychology.
- Relevant experience includes:
- Founder and clinical director of Maitri Center for Women Asheville, NC
- Years of successful private practice with sexual wellbeing as specialty
- Workshop presenter in NC, CA, FL, AZ on topics related to intimacy and relationships
- Work experience and training with cancer, HIV/AIDS and loss-related issues
- Hospital chaplaincy experience
- Mindfulness practitioner